10.08.2009

Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice!

It's rainy and cold here in little Galena, Illinois... and yet the streets are humming with new visitors getting ready to embark on Country Fair Weekend. I've never really been a huge fan of fall, but there is just something about this town that makes every season cozy and fun. This craft show is so exciting/insane that it makes the locals run for the hills.

What am I doing to prepare myself for crowds, too many workshops, and long hours, you ask? Bundling up in a sweatshirt and matching "dumpy" sweatpants and creating a limited edition series of rings just for this weekend... my last chance to take in some quiet time, sip tea, and stitch some crystals. All of which is done while flipping back and forth from HGTV, Food Network, and The Travel Channel (I love "No Reservation with Anthony Bordain"). My cat Cricket also seems to revel in today's couch potato mood. He's sprawled out across the other couch sleeping and occasionally snoring. Who knew cats could snore that loudly... I kind of want to YouTube it! Well, I hope everyone else is enjoying this fabulously gray Thursday afternoon too. Catch you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment