2.06.2010

Etsy, My Dirty Little Obsession

While a movie is playing on our living room tv, I'm sitting on my corner of the couch surfing Etsy. There are times when I find I've spent hours just looking at fabulous little finds... and obsessing over my own shop. With all of today's networking websites I find it refreshing to be connected to all of these artists. It's like walking through a local market... only they have wears from all over the globe, and everything is exciting. I love reading the Storque Articles featuring people who have made this website their full-time career, in the mean time keeping up with their families and passions. We hear everyday about stores closing, "Main Street America" turning in the key due to a failing economy. What about these micro-economies existing on Etsy? Artisans creating things that they love and feeding themselves. CNN should be focusing on how creativity slowly prevails in times of hardship. I'm so proud to say that an addiction to this website has bettered my life, even if it takes away from quality cinema. The imaginative will carry on!

Viva
ObsesiĆ³n.

No comments:

Post a Comment